Thursday, January 26, 2012

Austin 5 months

Ok. Time now doesn't seem to be going so fast. Austin turned 5 months old the other day and looking back to month 1 seems like FOREVER ago but was only 4 months...is that a long time? Heck, maybe time is still flying. Oh well. He is the most amazing baby. Seriously. He is a routine baby, just like our sweet baby girl. He sleeps through the night...and when I say through the night I mean through the night. Like 8-7; most of the time. If not, 8-5 at the least. He does great at nap time. We figured out today that if Daddy is home, he wants to be up though. For me, most of the time I lay him down, he rolls over, sucks his thumb and goes to sleep. He gave up the pacifier already (Courtney never did care for one) and only sucks his thumb to go to sleep. I totally prefer that as he always has that with him and can't drop it. Austin's biggest struggle now is rolling over. The boy can roll back to front and front to back (I have video of both!) but he chooses, yes, our 5 month old chooses not to roll from front to back. Ok, maybe not like "Hm, should I roll back over? No. I want Mama to come rescue me" but seriously, the boy won't go from front to back anymore. Oh well. It will happen. He does love to play in his rockin' entertainment center - I'll have to post some videos. He walks around in circles in it. He LOVES to eat. So far he has had avocado, sweet potato, banana and oatmeal. All home made and all with a exciting grin to have more. He loves it. Austin L O V E S his Daddy. I have never seen a baby so excited as I have him when Daddy comes home. He reaches out for him to hold him and it is precious. Courtney didn't develop that bond until she was quite a bit older. Male bonding already? Hm. It's cute. Well, anyway...here are our monthly pictures. Oh, he got (I gave) his first haircut the day before these pictures. He is darling and now clean cut!





No comments:

Post a Comment