Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The greatest thing ever...for baby food

As stated in the previous post, I was a happy recipient of a Baby Bullet for Christmas. Austin was only a few months old at the time so I put it up for the time. The other day I felt it was time to try him on some solid food so I busted this thing out and went to town! To me; it's amazing what 4 years and a little knowledge can do for a mom. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anyone else, this is just me and the way I feel. But as Austin was getting ready for "foods" I started reading as all good moms with google do and "they" say start them on rice cereal...then move to rice cereal with banana...then to...well, I don't know because I stopped reading. I thought why rice cereal?why something with very little nutritional value and even less taste? he doesn't need to gain weight. he is a healthy boy who needs to eat healthy things, right?  So, I read some other things and found he doesn't have to start with rice cereal. Well, duh, I'm his mom, he had to start with whatever I gave him. I chose avocado. And honestly, he will probably never have 'rice cereal' or store bought baby food for that matter. So far I have made him avocado with breast milk, sweet potato with breast milk and bananas with breast milk. I am fortunate enough to have, oh, about 3 months supply of breast milk stored up to mix tons of baby food with. And I am blessed to stay home every day and have the time to make his baby food. So, I will take advantage of both of those and chose, what I believe to be, the best thing for our son. With the help of my Baby Bullet, I can do anything...with baby food.
oh yes. i made this. one sweet potato (about $1) = 6 servings! My new "they" says I will save over $1000 making my own baby food. Kind of a big ol' plus to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment