Tuesday, February 14, 2012

the day of love - aka Valentine's Day

We all know I. Love. My. Kids. - this is no secret. But do we know I absolutely adore my husband too? Honestly, it's kind of a new thing. What?! "You've been married for 8 years!". Yes, we have, and I have always loved him but as of lately I adore him, I am in love with him and I truly think he is an amazing man. I couldn't tell you exactly when or exactly how this all came about but I don't think that matters. I think it's amazing to wake up and be as excited to see my husband that day as I am to see my kids. My kids are everything to me, this is so obvious if you know me at all and can I say it is an awesome feeling to have towards my husband too? Well, it is! So, this Valentine's Day we are celebrating - we don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day - maybe because we were in such a different place every year...maybe because it's a total hack of a holiday...maybe because we are just different like that. But this year we have a babysitter and we are going on a date and I am excited To Date My Husband Because I Adore My Husband.

On that note: Courtney would probably say she adores her Daddy too. She got to go on her first date today and boy was she excited!

She got all dressed up:


Made her Valentine a special card:

Counted down the seconds until her Valentine arrived with these gifts:
and went on her first date ever with the best daddy ever:


No comments:

Post a Comment