Wednesday, September 7, 2011

proud big brother

Ethan finally got what he wanted....a baby brother. Back when I was pregnant with Courtney his mom was pregnant too...both of us with girls and he already had an older sister. His score for the past 4 years...3-1, not in his favor. Dolls, hair bows, pink and dancing were not his idea of being a big brother. Although Courtney is our little 'tom boy', he wanted a brother, a boy. So, as you can see, he is one happy big brother. He never said much to me, through out the whole pregnancy. At times I wondered if he was somewhat upset about it, but now I know that is so far from the truth. Going back to school I hear all this teachers in the hall "Ethan is so excited", "Ethan is so proud", "Ethan loves having a little brother". Apparently he had been talking about Austin a lot, telling people when he would be here and showing his excitement. How proud that made me as his mom, to know he really does want to be a big brother again and is excited to finally have his little brother here. I am so excited to watch Ethan lead Austin, teach Austin, and help Daddy show Austin how to be a man of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment